Terre Pruitt's Blog

In the realm of health, wellness, fitness, and the like, or whatever inspires me.

• I teach yoga, Nia, and stretch online!

ALL CLASSES ARE ON ZOOM AT 10:00 AM PDT

Tuesday Gentle Yoga

Wednesday Nia

Thursday Stretch

Please see my website for details!

I am also available for private Nia / yoga / Personal Training all virtual, of course!

• Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

• My Bloggey Past

• ******

Chose a month above to visit archives, or click below to visit a page.

Movie and More That Is The Difference

Posted by terrepruitt on March 2, 2010

A month or so ago I received a call and was told that there is a woman who is going to make a movie about making a difference in the world and that I had been picked to be a collaborator. I was intrigued. I was told it would be a two hour meeting in San Jose at which I would be told about the project and then I would have the opportunity to decide if I wanted to be involved. (This clued me into the fact that there was a price tag.)

Well, I went to this meeting. First of all, I hadn’t seen the information that might have been out there that it would be a small meeting. I also had not seen the website so I had no idea what The Difference was about. I was surprised that it was a small meeting. But for the small amount of people the energy from the women there was amazing. There were all types of different women who do different things to make a difference; there was massage therapist, psychotherapist, feng shui designers, personal assistants, energy workers, Nia teachers (ok, that was me!), etc. Jacqueline Bignell was leading the meeting and she spoke to us in a very conversational manner. She was amazing at presenting her passion. She was great at getting the group excited and yearning for more.

She is going to make a movie, a two-hour docu-drama that she believes will change the world, by providing answers to questions like the following:

–Why are you here?
–What do you think your life’s purpose is?
–What do you do in your life to be truly filled with love and joy?

Her vision is to get 6000 people to collaborate on this, answering these questions. Their ideas, opinions, stories, etc. will be filtered up to a National Group who will filter it up to the World Group and they will filter it up to the script writer. The idea is to have four main characters in the movie. But the idea of the script is not quite formed yet.

Her mission is to touch the lives of 6 Billion people. The idea is that 6000 people can touch 60,000, 60,000 can touch 600,000, 600,000 can touch 6,000,000, and so on, multiplying by 10.

It was an amazing meeting. Her idea incredible, change the world with a movie. A movie collaboration of 6000 people, never been done . . . . .all amazing stuff. And the real idea is to have the 6000 people fund the movie, or at least pay to be collaborators.

In addition to being a collaborator you receive a lot of other things for your part in funding of the movie. Some incredible things . . . .to me what I think of it as is purchasing a self-improvement package where the end result is personal growth, a 6 minute interview on an internet TV show, inclusion in The Difference Website and The Difference Network, and bragging rights that you were a collaborator on this historic project.

But one of the big “sells” is that one’s self, one’s uniqueness would touch 6 Billion people. Now that is a great “sell” and sounds so very appealing, but with the filtering process I am not sure that it is an accurate selling point. I am not confident that my uniqueness, would actually get through the filters. My story could be the one that was filtered out. In addition, I am not confident that all 6 BILLION people will be “touched”. See what I am saying?

If you desire to become a collaborator and you are able, I have no doubt that if you actually participate in all that they are offering it will be an incredible experience. I believe that the training and mentoring that they say they are going to provide would be amazing . . .but you have to commit to do it. This is about a two year commitment.

I admire her for attempting this. I believe that it is an amazing idea.

I look forward to hearing more about this. I look forward to watching the end product. I look forward to seeing the difference The Difference makes.

38 Responses to “Movie and More That Is The Difference”

1. niachick said

You already are making a difference Terre, but I’m delighted to know that you’re part of this movie.

The answer to the questions asked:

Why are you here? To make a difference
    What do you think your life’s purpose is? Same question as above, so the same answer
    What do I do in life to be truly filled with love and joy? Make a difference (and one of the way’s I do that is through teaching Nia).

Keep us posted about your involvement with this!!! This is fab!!!

Love,

Jill

• Thank you. I do believe I am making a difference. And I do believe that Jacqueline and her project will make a difference, I just am not quite convinced that it will touch all 6 Billion people in the world. And I am only a part in that I am talking about it, and promoting it as much as I can. But I am not a collaborator. I would rather invest that money (because you have to pay to be a collaborator) directly in myself and Nia and have it make a difference to the people directly around me. My “difference” ripples might be smaller than they “could” be if I were a collaborator on The Difference, but that is ok.

If some of the people that have become collaborators let me know what is going on I will keep people posted. Because when you become a collaborator there is a “package” of “things” you receive so I would love to hear how that stuff is working out for people.

Thank you for stopping by, Jill, and thank you for commenting, and thank you for supporting!!! XOXOXOX

2. Nicole said

I’ve also been contacted to attend a meeting in Denver in April. A two-year commitment is a long time. Just curious, what did you decide? I’m trying to decide if this is worth my time in attending the meeting.

• Nicole,

The two year commitment is somewhat like this . . . . they are thinking it will take two years to do the movie. Jacqueline said that the commitment would be about two hours every month, but . . . . it could be more depending on how involved you get. For instance, if you become a collaborator you will be granted a six minute interview that will be included in the Internet TV program. You will be expected to complete a 12 Week Mentoring Program to prepare for that interview. I believe the mentoring is online and teleconferences. So things like that are included in the “two year commitment”. Then there is the actual collaborating, I am thinking that will take time.

If you are wanting to utilize the interview as marketing, it is not going to be launched until the movie is launched so that is something to think about . . . plus there will be 6000 interviews so there is no guarantee that yours will actually be seen by people.

Like I said, I am thinking of becoming a collaborator as purchasing a “self-improvement package”. You are buying a mentoring program, a tele-seminar series, and some videos (among other things), plus the hope is that with all of this you will be making a difference.

I decided not to become a collaborator. I am still working on starting my business and would like to invest my monies in additional Nia training (which is in itself a personal growth experience) and not in funding a movie. But even though I have decided not to do it does not mean that I don’t think it is a great idea. Everyone has their own goals and their own path to follow. This could be a great path for some, it is just not my path.

If you have the time to go to the briefing without sacrificing anything, I would say, “GO!” I say go because it was an amazing meeting. If Jacqueline is going to be leading your meeting (I would ask) then you don’t want to miss it. She is a very dynamic speaker. Just being in the briefing was enough to help ignite a passion. Just being with other women that want to make a difference (in whatever way is theirs) was amazing. I went to the store after the meeting and I was laughing to myself because I was standing taller and feeling bigger just because I was re-charged with passion and energy from the amazing woman I met. So if you have time . . . . go . . . . listen . . . . learn . . . . use it as a networking opportunity that they even encourage you to do!

Thank you for reading and commenting. I know my reply back was long. I could even go on more, but I won’t. If you would like more info you can e-mail me. I don’t want to post EVERYTHING because it really is exciting to hear Jacqueline present it in her own way.

3. Mickey said

I was contacted out of the blue today by someone from Make a Difference. The concept is outstanding and quite uplifting. However, I did get a sense of uneasiness when I asked if they were asking for some type of financial commitment to be involved, with a response of ‘$100.00 a month or something like that, but there are other ways to get involved.” I made an appointment to go to a project briefing two hours away and decided to research the project. I have seen posts regarding $2,000.00 commitments, and $1,000.00 commitments to be a collaborator. Not any responses on the websites to questions about the investment, or if the collaborators get any return on their investment after the production. Lets see…$2,000.00 times 6,000 or even $1,000 times 6,000 collaborators. Seems like a lot of money to make an online telly show, even with the cost of travel, etc…

• So you have not yet gone to the briefing? And you say it is two hours away? Well, if I had driven two hours to go to the briefing I would have been VERY upset, because, while it is a nice networking opportunity and you might meet some great people, it still is a sales pitch.

As I said in my post, IF you participate in what they are offering once you become a collaborator it might be worth it. In addition to being a collaborator on the movie and getting a six minute spot on the internet TV show according to the paperwork we were given you will receive things in exchange for your monetary support. They say that you will be able to participate in different types of seminars and personal development programs.

While I think that the cost to be involved is more than I care to spend, but I don’t really think that $12,000.00 ($2,000 X 6000) is a lot to make a movie added 05.28.10, I was thinking about this the other day, because $12,000.00 isn’t a lot to make a movie, but clearly that was an error – duh! – I don’t know how much is cost to make a movie especially when there is no clear outline as to what it would be like, but $12M sounds reasonable to me, I just don’t want to be a part of funding it. But I don’t know, I have never made a movie before and I don’t know how they plan on doing it all. I can’t remember specifically, but I do remember her saying that as she is walking this path she is meeting people that are offering to donate their skills and expertise. The Difference group happened to be in San Jose when Cinequest was going on and according to Jacqueline Bignell they happen to run into people who offered to assist. Since this project is something that has never been done she said that there are people in the movie industry that are willing to assist her and help on the project.

Since the briefing I went to was just minutes away from me AND the e-mail I was sent said to bring you business cards and to treat this like a networking event, that is why I went. I had an idea that they would be asking for money and so I was not thinking that I would be able to participate. Then I was pleasantly surprised at what the briefing was like. It was like a Tony Robbins seminar—-very uplifting—-but I was also (and I was not the only one) very surprised at the price tag involved. But . . . . as I keep saying (because I want people to understand) according to what Jacqueline Bignell said and the paperwork provided you ARE getting something for your investment. And it could be considered and investment — in yourself — if you want to participate in this type of training and mentoring.

Mickey, from what I understood in regards to after production return was that there will be a profit pool and as a collaborator you would have preferential consideration for a grant from the pool if you need money to fund a project.

You should have seen how fast the room emptied once they started collecting applications with payment information.

I hope this helped give you a better sense of what to expect. I know you didn’t actually ask any questions in your comment, but if you do have any questions or want further clarification you can post them as a question or send me an e-mail.

4. Yehiwot Mistir said

Thank you so much for sharing your experience, they called me from Australia today – still not sure how they found my name and number, a bit spooky actually, anyhow, the info. session they are doing is literally walking distance from where I live so I will go check it out, I will however, not be a collaborator. I already know that! your blog really helped me a whole lot though.
    Thank you and God Bless.

• Well, I don’t KNOW how they found your information, but if you are anywhere on the internet, they can find your information that way.

They will tell you how they find people. She said that she has teams of people looking out there. So maybe you commented on a blog, or you have a friend who recommended you, or you signed up for something. I really think the groups they are gathering are interested in helping people.

I personally am TRYING to be found on the internet, so I didn’t even question that part. I have signed up with several websites, including FaceBook, and so I am certain there are at least a hundred places they can find me. But I do not know your internet habits. Are you involved in ANYTHING, ANY TYPE of group or work that would be parallel to what The Difference is about?

If you have the time and you are close to the meeting I honestly don’t think you will regret going. It is like a revival. They get you all fired up and excited about living and about helping people. And if you have any need to network at all you will probably meet some great people. I do have the need and I did meet some great women.

I am glad my post helped you. That was what I wanted to do. I am just trying to share my experience so others can learn. I am not saying the project is a bad thing, I actually think it is a good thing if you can afford to be come a collaborator both monetarily and time wise. I am looking forward to see how this project pans out.

If you think about it, let me know how you felt about the meeting. Post a comment or send me an e-mail if you don’t want to post your feelings publically. OR when you post a comment you can put in it that you don’t want me to approve it and I can just read it and delete it and not put is on my blog.

Thanks you for stopping by and commenting. When is your meeting scheduled?

5. I found this on the internet: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDifferenceTVLive

6. eco-con said

It’s called a “scam”. Somewhat clever one at that. Save your money and tell everyone you know to stay away from these crooks.

• Have you been to a meeting? Have you talked to anyone involved? Have you seen the website? Do you know for a fact that it is a scam or are you just saying that because that is what YOU believe?

I personally don’t think it is a scam IF they actually give you what they are saying they will give you. If you get ANY of the “self-help” or “betterment” stuff they are saying you will get for your money, than I don’t think it is a scam. I don’t really see how your ideas would actually filter up through the process to actually be in the movie, but . . . . you never know.

I am not going to give them my money, but I don’t know that it is a scam so I will not tell everyone or anyone to stay away. I will just tell them what I was told and let them make their own decisions.

But thank you for stopping by, Mr./Ms. eco-con . . . . . . . someone who does not use their name, yet points the finger at someone else. Your time is appreciated. 🙂

• Tracey said

I was contacted about 7 yrs ago and asked to be a part of this. I paid after some insistence by those trying to get in early with Jacqueline and was consistently asked to attend meetings and the like in Melbourne & other places and I was getting some attention whilst they thought I would be an ongoing ‘funder’ of this project. I am /was personally aware of and witnessed, literally hundreds and thousands of people giving money to this woman and that was 7/8 yrs ago. She told everyone then that it would take between 12 months and 2 yrs to have the movie done ready to show. I soon after withdrew my willingness to pay or continue I very quickly realized that this woman is a scammer of the best variety. She has been living off the money that was meant to be used to make this ‘alleged’ movie, yet there were always delays and constant excuses as to why it was taking so much longer! Thousands of people have given at least one thousand dollars each initially to her with a pay as you go or ‘ongoing’ payments from many hundreds of people. She was always keen to sidle up to people who had plenty more money to give. She flew all around the globe ‘on other people’s money’ she had no funds of her own to do this on and there were many that she told this to.
        Frankly I think she should be investigated, I know of a few people who work very hard for what little money they have had , have given her or been coerced into giving her and have had nothing , absolutely nothing in return..(meaning that the movie has never gotten off the ground) etc.
        She claims to have had her own psychotherapy clinic?? Hmm I find that hard to believe..more likely she was a patient!

My opinion is not only from past personal experience but I know of many others who I witnessed give many thousands to her for this but she has also given a myriad of varying excuses and lies to many along the way.

I had my own very successful business for 30 yrs, by chance (as many of us worked in similar industries) I also knew some of the ppl that she had deliberately contacted along the way and obtained monies from yet nothing ever came of it.

If over a 7/8 yr period a person has taken lets say a minimum of 1000.00 from each person (not including the many along the way who didn’t pay or had paid but also gave of their time FREE to her project- of which I personally knew of hundreds who did) then lets say she had a dozen a week (back then she was getting on average about 15 ppl sign up and pay at least the 1000.00 per week out of about 50 a pw that she or those acting on her behalf saw/signed up etc
        so thats 15.000 per week or 60.000 per month x 12 which is at least 750.000 per year…not bad on a promise of ‘oh you will be a collaborator in a movie that you will also star in for about 6 minutes’ !! Wake up and smell the coffee ..she has no intention of making any movie, NOTHING has ever come of this, other than her making a crappy website and doing some basic u tube video’s..lol There is NO tv production company, no ‘real’ tv or movie or anything like it.

Jacqueline is a smart savvy operator who uses ppl who need or liked to be needed and who have good hearts who want dearly to be part of something ‘big’ and thats exactly what she promises but NEVER delivers!
        Some of the ‘meetings’ I attended with my staff back then in Melbourne, I can tell you there were ‘thousands ‘ who showed up..and they were handing over cheques and money faster than you can spit! I also know of many ppl who left quickly after because, like me they saw through her and ran not looking back!!

DON”T be fooled, she is manipulative and very very egocentric..!! Save your money and your time, this woman will NEVER nor is she capable in my humble opinion of ever producing anything let alone a movie of any great proportions!

The only visions she has are of herself spending your hard earned money!!

• Tracey –
          Thank you for sharing your experience. I completely forget about this whole thing. Then a search for it shows up in my search terms and I go looking on the internet for a status and every time, there is nothing . . . no progress, just nothing. For awhile the site was just a landing site and it had no information. Perhaps they were re-doing the site when I happened to look.

I would tend to agree that, since this was supposed to have been made WAY back around when I first posted about it, it is just a scam. If she really did get as many people as you are saying to donate and if she is still doing it now. When I went to the meeting there was no more than 10 or 15 of us. It was very small. And most of us were just there to see what it was about.

I didn’t have any money and was just going for the networking. For a moment, I thought about doing it, but it really was just a moment. Just because it sounded fun . . . but as, I said, I didn’t have any money so it was too expensive for “fun”.

I am glad you got out before getting to far in!

Again, thank you so much for sharing your experience.

7. niachick said

How does Eco-Con know it’s a scam? Personal experience? If so, then elaborate on the facts of the alleged scam so that others can be informed.

There are always choices in life…and opinions.

Thanks, Terre, for responding in the manner that you did.

Jill

• Well, “eco-con” does not give a real name or anything and I tend to disregard people that hide behind anonimity. I could have not approved that comment, but I wanted others to see what “eco-con” said and to give “eco-con” a chance to step up and explain it’s accusations.

It COULD be a scam . . . that is why I put the information out there so people would see what I had learned and judge for themselves. I don’t think it is a scam, but I don’t know. Like you said, there are choices and opinions and I think that people can have opinions and make choices based on information.

Thank you for having my back, Jill. 🙂

• profit said

Here is a bit more info

• That post pretty much describes the briefing. It will not allow me to make a comment on that site. The fact that I am unable to comment on the post made me not want to include the link and comment on my blog, I prefer that people are able to comment on blogs that they read. But I also want people to learn about what the briefings are before they go. If anyone goes and reads that and wants to come back and comment here that would be nice.

Had I driven two hours as did that writer, and not known that it was a sales pitch, I might be upset too. But I went to the briefing on my way home from teaching Nia so, I was in a fantastic mood. The day was gorgeous and I was ready for a little networking. Ya see, all the communication I received had said to bring business cards because it was going to be a great networking opportunity. So I went into the briefing with an entirely different agenda, so maybe I was more open to what she was saying. I was able to take the great energy that was in the room and use it for my own good.

I think that most of the women in attendance were curious as to how they had been found too, but most of them had their own businesses and so they had a web presence and it is easy to find people in a specific industry even if they don’t have a website. Many people now-a-days take advantage of free registries so as to get their name out there so finding people is much easier than people realize. One doesn’t have to use a computer for their information to be available. If one has an address, a credit card, a mortgage, a registered car, a driver’s license, a telephone (land or mobile), a doctor, insurance, or any other service that uses a computer then their information is available especially if they were business people, then they would have a business license.

I think that Jacqueline is a dynamic speaker and she helped inspire people that were in the meeting. Even after those that didn’t know it was a sales pitch learned it was some of them still went on their day to be inspired. It just so happens that I was familiar with a few of the women in the room. We were able to walk away with a great feeling.

One thing that makes a dynamic speaker is they ask questions that we all know s/he knows the answer to, but they are just trying to get the audience to participate.

I guess maybe your post is an expression of you being upset for other people that might not understand what it was about. So it was nice of you to explain it to them. My post was more about sharing with people the fact that they can get something out of anything . . . . . even a sales pitch.

I still don’t think it is a scam IF they actually deliver what they are saying will be delivered for the investment. I am not referring to the “profit” or really anything to do with the movie . . . . because that is soooooo far off, I don’t think of that as being part of the investment—-even though that is the “sell”. I think that if one were to invest and then participate in the coaching they are offering that is what you would be paying for. I don’t see that the collaboration is really a big part of it. And the 6 minute interview will only be on the internet and there is no guarantee that anyone will ever see that.

I have stated all this before, but since I am unable to comment on the post for which you gave a link I feel I need to state it again.

• profit said

Hi Terre,

(I am not sure that I understand what you meant about not being able to comment on the other blog. I did not dig too deep but it appeared to me that, just like your blog, you only had to register on the web site in order to comment.)

I went to a local briefing in Chicago a few days ago. A friend of mine asked me to accompany her, as a second point of view. While she currently works as a business professional, managing engineers and managing other aspects of the company that she works for, they seemed to have gotten her contact info from her past history as a body worker.

There were 25 people in the room, 23 women and 2 men. During introductions it seemed that about half were body workers and the other half were therapists, life coaches, etc., of one sort or another. Based on the group discussions it seemed that none had a hard science or business background.

This was a very select and unusual group that I would characterize as coming from some of the most caring and empathetic areas of society.

No nurses, no doctors, no psychotherapists. Based on the questions asked, I would venture a guess that few had any formal training in critical thinking.

I am over 60 and, having seen quite a bit during my lifetime, would have to characterize this group as one of the most vulnerable, trusting, and therefor gullible, that I have had the pleasure to spend time with. They were very nice and very caring folk but none of them asked any hard questions… except for one person.

At one point, when Jacqueline asked the group to volunteer questions to her, a loud voiced and aggressive person, stated speaking. She sat dead center in the horseshoe shaped gathering and started with “I have to voice the question that we are all probably asking ourselves …” and went on to talk about worrying that it was all a scam. This seemed to disarm the rest of the group, after which most of whom visibly relaxed, and were much more open about themselves. No one else ever voiced any doubt about the project for the rest of the evening. Her behavior was quite unlike any of the other guests and I found myself to be suspicious about this. After we left, my friend also commented about her behavior without any prompting from me — it was that much different from everyone else in the room.

During the presentation Jacqueline claimed, among other things that she has done in her life, that she had studied accounting and been an accountant for 8 years, and yet she seemed to have problems doing simple math at a few points in her presentation.

Jacqueline may be a con artist or she may be sincere but either way, I would never trust her to organize and run any project that I cared about.

She has been at this for at least 3 years already and, from what others have said, keeps moving the completion date further into the future.

Time will tell, but I, for one, will not be contributing to her world wide adventure.

• Well, Hello there, profit,

When I click to make a comment it takes me to a WordPress log in page (the one I get when I want to log into admin my blog). And so I entered my log in info and it doesn’t let me in. If I need to become member of her blog site to comment . . . . I am fine without having to become a member.

I just went back looked around some more and see that there is a member registration and don’t care to become a member just to make a comment. On most WordPress blogs, just being logged into WordPress allows you to make a comment without registering for the particular blog. I don’t feel I should be required to register separately just to make a comment. Do you have to become a member on my blog to comment? I thought it just asked for an e-mail address? I can’t remember it was so long ago that I set it up.

Do you think the “scam-question-asker” was a plant? Well, in looking at Jacqueline, I think that there is a story there. I don’t know if her inability to solve simple math problems is part of an act, or if it is a result of something else . . . . I never question people not being able to do math because I can’t. (Obviously.)

The briefing I went to was much smaller than 25 people. I don’t even think it was 15 people. By stating that you guess “that few had any formal training in critical thinking” are you saying that she picks easy “targets”?

When I went to the briefing the completion date was 2012. And time will tell.

I think that if they have finished over 200 interviews they should put them up for people to see. I think that if those people were the first to join it they should get the benefit of having their interviews played from now and then just keep adding interviews as they are done.

Even though you might not be contributing money, you are contributing to her world wide adventure by posting about it. Now-a-days stuff on the internet is a contribution. And I believe that giving things thoughts and energies contribute to them.

I appreciate you stopping by here and commenting. I appreciate your thoughtful and detailed response. Thank you. I hope to see you here again on my blog. Maybe some other post might catch your interest. Thank you so much for your time.

Maybe you can post updates on The Difference, if you hear anything. I forget about it. Then someone makes a comment and I check back in. It would be nice to see some progress on it.

Again, thank you for your time. I hope you have a fabulous Memorial Day Weekend.

8. lolly said

This is the place I have found the best information. It has contributions from people who are already involved. They all seem to be enjoying their experiences?

9. lolly said

Oh maybe it wont copy the link correctly, well if people just search for The Difference on FB the page will come up, that’s how I found it. I certainly don’t think it’s a scam. I have read Wendi’s blog about it too during my searches, am I right in thinking that San Francisco was the first place they visited in the United States? Reading her blog with an open mind it sounds to me like maybe Jacqueline was just nervous? And imagining what it would be like to take a project you are passionate about to the other side of the world, I can understand that. Those are my thoughts anyway. Just because something is new, doesn’t make it bad.

• Hello Lolly –

Yes, I did do a search in FB and found the link, but since there were three comments from you just posting the link, I figured you were a spammer or someone who is just on the internet promoting the Difference, so I did not want to contribute. But I also thought that you might have posted your comment three times because you didn’t see it showing up and did not realize that I moderate or you thought it hadn’t posted. I’ve done that before.

I don’t know if San Francisco was the first place The Difference visited in the United States. I was actually under the impression that they were doing multiple visits at the same time. Not every briefing is done by Jacqueline . . . at least that is what I had understood . . . so it could be that they were in San Francisco AND other places at the same time. Although I went to a briefing NEAR San Francisco I didn’t go to the one Wendi attended.

Well, I seriously doubt Jacqueline was so nervous she forgot an accounting fundamental, I would say that she is a very dynamic speaker and probably almost every stumble and “um, what is the word?” was scripted. Speakers ask questions they know the answers to in order to get the audience involved and sometimes in order to appear as if they don’t know everything. It is just a way to interact and seem more like it is a conversation as opposed to someone standing at the front of the room talking AT you. But they do get nervous too, especially as you said, when they are passionate about a project. I know when I am talking about Nia my brain gets way ahead of my mouth which stumbles over my words at times.

I am not convinced it is a scam if they actually give you what they say they are going to. But I also do not think that being 1 of 6000 collaborators will result in any essence of me being in the movie. They way it filters up . . . I just don’t see it. I also don’t feel that the six minute interview that is only going to be shown on internet TV in three years will assist me in my marketing.

You state “during your searches”. Were you invited to a briefing? Have you gone? If so what was your experience?

I would like to invite you back (if you think about it) as you hear more about this, let us know. Thank you for visiting and commenting.

10. lolly said

Hi Terre,
    Yes you are right about me posting the link several times, It was an accident and then I realised you moderate comments.
    No I was not invited to a briefing, but a very dear friend of mine was and became a collaborator. At first I thought she had been sucked into something dodgy which is why I had a poke around on the internet.
    She has been to gatherings which she really enjoys and there are teleconferences that happen regularly etc.
    I also am not entirely sure how the actual filming process works but my friend is not concerned about that, she said she became involved to make connections and from that point of view she is certainly happy.
    I hope this has given people another perspective because from what I can tell The Difference people doing just that…trying to make a difference.
    Lolly

• Hi,

I was recently reading a blog I commented on and my comment was on there three times, so I know how that is. I wasn’t sure, so I was tentative in my reply. 🙂

So you actually know someone that is a collaborator? And she is being involved you say. That is good. If she is enjoying herself that is what is important. As long as she is getting out of it something she is happy with, that is all that matters.

I tend to think that the way they are selling it makes a lot of people leary. While I was in the briefing the big “sell” was the the collaboration and the interview, but from the explanation of the collaboration your ideas might never make it into the movie. And the six minute interview is only going to be shown on internet tv with 6000 other ones so there is no guarantee that it will even be seen. For some, the thought process was that shooting a video yourself and putting it on YouTube now would get a lot more viewing than something that won’t even be available for two or three years. Plus, I really think that some people had no idea it was a sales pitch. They were shocked when paying for this was brought up. In other words a lot of it could have to do with expectations. People were not expecting to be asked to open their checkbooks, so they were shocked and disappointed when that happened.

So you are saying somewhat the same thing that I have been saying. You are saying that your friend is enjoying the journey and the things that have been offered in addition to the “collaboration” and interview. I have said that if they deliver on their promises of “extras” you are going to receive as a collaborator then that is really what you are paying for.

Also, I understand that the people that are involved are feeling a difference being made, but again (‘cuz I think I have said it before) I don’t see this making a difference for every single person in the world. Although it has already made a difference in my life because I have made some connections because of it.

Thank you, Lolly. If your friend ever lets you know when they put more stuff . . . more updates up on the site let me know. I don’t check it, but I would if someone pointed out that there was progress on the project.

11. Taleda said

Got my call in late January, my “interview” was Feb 23. 6 people were there; 3 massage therapists, health/nutritonist, and 2 others i can’t remember what they do. Same story as all of you; JB did her cold-call sell, I finally stopped her and asked, “So this project isn’t free, I can tell by the way you are leading up to the BIG moment, just cut to it; how much is it going to cost each of us?” She smiled and after some round about, said “$2,000 but …” and then launched into all that we “receive”. And that she is more than happy to work with us on monthly payments
    “whatever you can afford per month …” Uh huh. Forgot the part about the dollar rate exchange between USA & Australia.
    I then asked, “so we sign up, when do we start shooting? 6 weeks from now?” She answered all happy like, “Yes, in 6 weeks.”
    Well here we are, July 10th and I haven’t seen a film crew yet. For over a month I’ve been trying to extricate myself from this project – my opinion and my feelings are JB is quite the charlatan and the difference is only going to make a difference in her bank account. I’ve professed my extreme financial hardship situation in 3 emails and one phone conversation with one of her minions, to no avail. I’ve posted a similar comment regarding my financially broke situation and that I’ve literally begged for release without compassionate response, on The Diff FB page and JB’s page – comments which were immediately removed.
    The email I received moments later was contradictory in 3 places stating “we will decide what to do with you.” Oh really?
    Everybody makes a choice – involved and to what degree or not. I made a bad choice – for me.
    My personal opinion – NO ONE needs to spend money to give to someone else to spread their personal difference. The fact that you are LIVING your personal difference is impact enough.
    Buddha and Jesus never took money while they walked their Path of sharing Joy Love Peace and Blessings … that should be your clue.

• Taleda –

I am sorry that you are having a bad experience. Are you in business for yourself? Were you hoping to promote your business through the interview?

Thank you for sharing your story here. I don’t have access to my paperwork at the moment but is there something in the signed contract that would enable you to remind them that they are breaching the contract? Are they breaching the contract? I remember having the vague feeling that there wasn’t enough information in the paperwork I was given to make me feel comfortable giving them that kind of money so I don’t know if there is more information when you do actually sign up.

I recently found out that one of the women that was at the briefing with me did sign up. We had met once before after which we became friends on FaceBook. When I learned that she was a collaborator on the difference I asked her if I could interview her because I am interested in hearing what a collaborator is getting–at this point–for their contribution. She was on her way to a meeting with “The Difference” people and she said she would get back to me. She got back to me with a question which I “answered” by sending her the link to my blog post. I have not heard back from her. I was wanting to give someone who actually in involved a chance to speak since up until now (and you) the only people commenting are people who have only gone to the briefings.

It could just be that their schedule has been delayed and they have not yet had a chance to get film crews out to you. I mean even though this is a business and Jacqueline has had a few businesses this all is new to them and they might be struggling with how to handle it all. I don’t know . . . . I am just trying to give you hope that you still might get what you thought you would and it might work out.

Thank you again for sharing your story. Please come back and let us know how things are going. I am going to contact the collaborator again and see what she wants to share.

12. Ghandi said

There are many tools on the net e.g., you tube etc. People are already making great little movies and posting them for viewing. I don’t see why anyone would pay to do it. It is clearly a scam, however if you like going for a joy ride and need another learning experience Jaqueline is for you, she will take you for a joy ride. Just don’t get grumpy if you don’t get what she promised.

• ***DEAR READERS***
      I would like to remind you that I am “approving” this comment which is just “approving” it to be read. I am not APPROVING it—as in agreeing to it. I honestly don’t know if it is a scam. It is not clear to me. I had a great time at the briefing and thought that what there were offering could be a “self-improvement journey”.

I have only heard from people that have NOT signed up. Mostly because they think it is a scam. I have not heard from anyone that has signed up and can tell me what they are actually getting for their investment.

**********************

And, yes, “Ghandi”, there ARE many tools that people can use to make great little movies getting the word out about their product and services and changes to the world they want to see. It is amazing, isn’t it?

13. Jae Burns said

Hi Terre, I joined the Difference back in 2008. Initially there were lots of groups/hubs and subgroups/hubs, hub leaders and hub collaborators etc etc. I participated in many groups and made contributions but they all ultimately went nowhere. In the beginning Jacqueline was very active, but until recently she has been “conspicuous by her absence” – however just in the last coule of months I notice that she is very active again with lots of postings on Facebook. I have also noticed a lot of new names appearing, so I can only assume that here has been another concerted drive to attract more people to join The Difference.
    At this point in time I cannot help but pose the question: “Is this for real or is it a very clever scam??”.
    Consider this: 2,000 people (this is just an example as I do not have the true figures) have joined the Difference and they have each paid $2,605.
    This equates to $5,210,000 – that’s right – Five MILLION, two hundred and ten thousand dollars!!!
    Not a bad income for approx 2 years work!!
    The marketing of The Difference was very clever – targetting people, who by the very nature of their professions(s), are already making a difference in people’s (their clients) lives.
    Plus that very gentle stroking of their egos – who doesn’t want to make a difference – locally, nationally, internationally, globally? who doesn’t want to appear in a movie? who doesn’t want to be rewarded (handsomely) for their efforts? who doesn’t want some recognition?

In my very humble opinion The Difference film is no closer to being produced than it was when I joined.
    Perhaps that is OK, because maybe the difference is in AWARENESS!!
    I don’t claim to have the answers, but I do have questions that I would like answered.
    If anyone has more information, please contribute.
    Jae

• Jae –

Thank you for your comment.

Honestly, I don’t know.

While 5.2 million dollars is a lot (a HUGE amount) of money, when one is running a business there is always business expenses. But it seems with all the traveling and things they did they could have just financed the movie themselves and still allow people to be the collaborative force. Because from what I understand the unique thing about it was the collaboration NOT where the money came from.

The cleverness of their target marketing group is always pointed out, because it is true. That is really how they draw people in. I mean the name ALONE is a hook.

I think YOU are the one who has contributed most in regards to answers. And unfortunately you just brought up questions . . . which in themselves are kind of answers. Hmmmmmm.

I got caught up in the energy, but I didn’t let my wallet get caught up. I didn’t see the dollar value in it. And at the time and presently I am doing more giving than I can afford, so I NEEDED to see a monetary value and I didn’t. The advertising portion was a big draw to me, but I could put a Youtube video up for free.

I am certain that people that participated in any type of group discussion and collaboration got SOMETHING out of it because the energy alone was amazing, but beyond that feel good feeling, I don’t know. I haven’t heard anything else. In fact, I used to look regularly but at one point the site was down. Then when it went back up there was even less information. And you know it could be that Jacqueline really wanted to do this and it was genuine, but then it turned out to not be as easy as she thought? I don’t know. The possibilities are endless. If I ever hear anything I will post about it so people can have answers, but, as I said, I stopped actually looking because I was getting tired of never finding any information. Again, thank you for commenting.

Oh, and if you ever learn more, come back and let us know.

Just go out and be the difference yourself! 😉

14. Anya Ruiz said

IT’S CALLED A’PYRAMID SCHEME’ (READ SCAM)

“A pyramid scheme is a non-sustainable business model that involves promising participants payment or services, primarily for enrolling other people into the scheme, rather than supplying any real investment or sale of products or services to the public. [1][2]A successful pyramid scheme combines a fake yet seemingly credible business with a simple-to-understand yet sophisticated-sounding money-making formula which is used for profit. The essential idea is that a “con artist” Mr. X, makes only one payment. To start earning, Mr. X has to recruit others like him who will also make one payment each. Mr. X gets paid out of receipts from those new recruits. They then go on to recruit others. As each new recruit makes a payment, Mr. X gets a cut. He is thus promised exponential benefits as the “business” expands.
    Such “businesses” seldom involve sales of real products or services to which a monetary value might be easily attached. However, sometimes the “payment” itself may be a non-cash valuable. To enhance credibility, most such scams are well equipped with fake referrals, testimonials, and information.
    The flaw is that there is no end benefit. The money simply travels up the chain. Only the originator (sometimes called the “pharaoh”) and a very few at the top levels of the pyramid make significant amounts of money. The amounts dwindle steeply down the pyramid slopes. Individuals at the bottom of the pyramid (those who subscribed to the plan, but were not able to recruit any followers themselves) end up with a deficit.
    [edit]The “Eight-Ball” model
    Many pyramids are more sophisticated than the simple model. These recognize that recruiting a large number of others into a scheme can be difficult so a seemingly simpler model is used. In this model each person must recruit two others, but the ease of achieving this is offset because the depth required to recoup any money also increases. The scheme requires a person to recruit two others, who must each recruit two others, who must each recruit two others.

The “eight-ball” model contains a total of fifteen members. Note that unlike in the picture, the triangular setup in the cue game of eight-ball corresponds to an arithmetic progression 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 = 15. The pyramid scheme in the picture in contrast is a geometric progression 1 + 2 + 4 + 8 = 15.
    Prior instances of this scheme have been called the “Airplane Game” and the four tiers labelled as “captain,” “co-pilot,” “crew,” and “passenger” to denote a person’s level. Another instance was called the “Original Dinner Party” which labeled the tiers as “dessert,” “main course,” “side salad,” and “appetizer.” A person on the “dessert” course is the one at the top of the tree. Another variant, “Treasure Traders,” variously used gemology terms such as “polishers,” “stone cutters,” etc. or gems like “rubies,” “sapphires,” “diamonds,” etc.
    Such schemes may try to downplay their pyramid nature by referring to themselves as “gifting circles” with money being “gifted.” Popular schemes such as the “Women Empowering Women”[26] do exactly this.
    Whichever euphemism is used, there are 15 total people in four tiers (1 + 2 + 4 + 8) in the scheme – with the Airplane Game as the example, the person at the top of this tree is the “captain,” the two below are “co-pilots,” the four below are “crew,” and the bottom eight joiners are the “passengers.”
    The eight passengers must each pay (or “gift”) a sum (e.g. $1000) to join the scheme. This sum (e.g. $8000) goes to the captain who leaves, with everyone remaining moving up one tier. There are now two new captains so the group splits in two with each group requiring eight new passengers. A person who joins the scheme as a passenger will not see a return until they advance through the crew and co-pilot tiers and exit the scheme as a captain. Therefore, the participants in the bottom 3 tiers of the pyramid lose their money if the scheme collapses.
    If a person is using this model as a scam, the confidence trickster would make the lion’s share of the money. They would do this by filling in the first 3 tiers (with 1, 2, and 4 people) with phony names, ensuring they get the first 7 payouts, at 8 times the buy-in sum, without paying a single penny themselves. So if the buy-in were $1000, they would receive $8,000, paid for by the first 8 investors. They would continue to buy in underneath the real investors, and promote and prolong the scheme for as long as possible to allow them to skim even more from it before it collapses.
    Although the ‘Captain’ is the person at the top of the tree, having received the payment from the 8 paying passengers, once he or she leaves the scheme is able to re-enter the pyramid as a ‘Passenger’ and hopefully recruit enough to reach captain again, thereby earning a”second payout.”

THIS IS A SCAM. JACQUELINE BIGNALL IS A CROOK. I WENT TO ONE OF THESE MEETINGS IN EARLY 2008. SHE ASKED EVERYONE FOR $2000 AND TOLD US WE HAD TO COMMIT TODAY OR ELSE LOSE OUR PLACE IN BECOMING PART OF SOMETHING ‘AMAZING’ THERE IS NO DOCO. BIGNALL IS A PERVERSE COOK AND SHE BE LOCKED UP. I KNOW PEOPLE WHO DID SIGN UP AND EVEN AFTER ASKING THEM TO STOP PAYMENTS BEING DEBITED OUT OF YOUR ACCOUNTS. THEY IGNORE YOU AND CONTINUE TO MILK YOU DRY….ANYONE WHO ENDORSE THIS RUBBISH IS PROBABLY ON BIGNALL’S PAYROLL

• Anya,

I deleted one of your comments because it said the same thing as in this comment.

Now readers know about pyramid schemes, if they choose to read your comment.

I am not agreeing with you by approving this comment, I am just letting it be published so other people looking into The Difference can read your opinion. I did not join so I do not know what was given in exchange for the money pledged. I believe that if there was any of the coaching that was offered it might be nice, but again, I don’t know.

15. Chris said

6 years after conception and there’s still no movie. The Difference website seems to be down too. Jacqueline Bignell may or may not be a scammer, but I think it’s fair to say that this movie is a failed venture. I thank god that I didn’t sign up as a collaborator back in 2008. The initial pitch seemed fishy to me. Far to much “woo woo you’ll be part of something special” and not enough genuine substance. Bullet officially dodged.

• Chris,

Thanks so much for the update. Every once in awhile I do a search, but I guess it has been a long while. I am grateful that I didn’t sign up either because I was tempted, were you? It seemed fishy, but at the time I was looking to get some publicity so I thought it would be just that. But then I started to think about it and I realized it was not going to be any publicity. I am happy to hear you safely dodged the bullet. 🙂 And again, thanks for the update!

16. DJ said

Hello everyone from Australia,

Yes it has been a few years since the beginning of this seemingly enterpreneurial project/movie/ambiguous and deceptive business plan of Jacqueline Bignell’s.

I actually worked for her in person, here in Melbourne Australia at her Home/Office with a number of paid staff she had at the time, approx 10 people as I recall.

We were all selected like yourselves in the USA randomly from “Lists” she some how had in her possession, of Natural Therapy Practitioners I suspect she got from various Business listing webpages and Directories online.

My role and with a Team of up to 8 paid staff, were given the task of recruiting more Collaborators/Followers for funding, by phoning them to Invite them to a Presentation in the USA which Jacqueline had plotted and planned for months ahead, I will be touring the USA as she would often say.

Jacqueline was in the Office most days, and was always quite “vague” about explaining what needed to happen next.
    With my Project Management experience & Recruitment & Training experience, I gave her some “suggestions” on how I felt the way forward might work, and each time she dismissed all of my ideas, despite asking me for my Project Management input and innovative ideas !

The working conditions were VERY average, with 8 of us all together in a small Office, (converted from her living room) during high summer with NO Air conditioning and with new phones/headsets etc that didnt work and new computers that werent networked, hence NO process of what to do for each operator and NO data being stored on each PC either, everything was hand written, and there was absolutely no consistency whatsoever. Why had she bought new Computers, but not get an IT expert to set them up ! Nothing made any sense to me. Jacquline would change her mind…hourly !

I decide to leave after 2 or 3 weeks based on the situation I have just described here.
    The few times we as a Team did make calls successfully to the USA very few people would pay us the Fee, to be a Collaborator, hence Jacquelines projected $$$ outcomes werent being achieved, it was a shakey weak Business Model, from start to finish as I saw it.
    Funds were coming in mostly from people here in Australia.

I was paid regularly as were my colleagues, and 1 week after leaving her Production Company as she reminded us, regularly, thats what you must say to people… (to UP her own status so to speak) I heard through a former Colleague that Jacqueline had bought a NEW BIGGER House !
    Perfect to suit the shiny Mercedes she drove !

Happily I’m glad I chose to move on & I wished her well, and to this day feel sad in my heart that she appeared to be so honest, genuine and pioneering, however the “Movie” to my knowledge still has NOT been released nor are there any plans or “tweets” on the current status of the Project.
    It saddens me to know that many people in the USA were also involved in this Project of “hope & deception”.
    Hence why I have taken the time to tell you straight from my own personal experience working for Jacqueline Bignell, perhaps this post of mine will close the door on this saga for all of you now.

I am uncertain if she has been investigated here in Australia for fraud.

WELL WISHES OF PROSPERITY TO ALL OF YOU.

• Well, DJ,

I have no way of verifying your story. But I do appreciate you sharing it and I am approving it so that others can read it. I am happy that you were a PAID employee at least. 🙂 It is sad when people steal from other people . . . because, that is what is happening when people give money for something then it is never delivered.

Thank you for taking the time to share your story and shed some light on this. Even thought I can’t verify your story . . . in light of all the other things that happened — or DIDN’T happen — it seems truthful! So thanks!

I just “Googled” her name. She is on Facebook (or at least someone posing as her is, and the latest post was Jan. 25, 2016), her page lists information about The Difference. The website is still active. She is listed on Yelp as “Jacqueline Bignell Counseling & Mental Health”, she is also on Linkedin. By having all these accounts and information out there, it is not to say that her project is or is not legitimate and/or actually a real project, but I do think it is to say that she is still taking people’s money.

• Wow! I had forgotten how many comments and how much time I spend on this. I started to read them all, then decided . . . no, I don’t have time. But I will stand by my original thoughts – if this had been true it would have been cool. She is a dynamic speaker and many of us left the meeting feeling really good (although, if you read my posts and comments you will see I was coming from Nia and that always makes me feel really good). If she were to have delivered some of the stuff that was being offered in return for the investment it would have been great even if she didn’t do the movie. But six/seven years later the movie is still not done so . . . . it just doesn’t seem right. I am happy that I didn’t really like the “deal” to begin with so I didn’t invest a penny. But . . . dang . . . . looking at all the comments and post I sure invested a lot of TIME!

I did acquire a few friends (even if we only keep in touch via Facebook) through this project.

Thanks, again DJ for your story.

Let me hear it. What have you got to say about this post?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s